What Are You Thinking?
You would not be alone if you or your colleagues are asking questions like:
- Isn't social media for personal, non-business conversations?
- Our company already has a LinkedIn or FanPage, aren't we already covered?
- What does it cost to manage a social media strategy?
- Can you explain the Chatter and Salesforce for Twitter applications?
- We are B2B, isn't social media for B2C?
- How do Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, YouTube and others apply to business?
- What do I need to know that I don't already know?
Why Care About Social Media
Every day, your prospects, customers, partners and competitors are carrying on conversation through social media channels and your industry, services and products. You can either chose to participate and moderate the conversation or you can be absent and have these conversations going on behind your back. If you are like most, you will want to at least monitor these conversations.
Secrets of Success for Social Media For Business
- Understand your objectives
- Select appropriate social media tools
- Create baseline metrics - what are you trying to improve?
- Connect the tools - publish once, syndicate in multiple places
- Automate communications
- Monitor the dialogues and participate
- Measure the impact of your efforts on your metrics
- Do more of what is working
- Discontinue or do less of what isn't
Did you know you can use social media to:
- Gain competitive intelligence
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive lead acquisition/prospective
- Promote events
- Improve customer service
- Understand employee satisfaction
- Support job recruiting
- Facilitiate search engine optimization
Contact us now for a free live presentation on how social media can be used in your business.